Tuesday 15 July 2014

A letter to Dr. Ved Pratap Vaidik





Dear Dr. Ved Pratap Vaidik,

                               A true delight to write a letter to a personality who has become so popular within no time. Before the current incident occurred that created an outrage in the entire nation, I did not know about you and I presume neither people of India. I thought of researching a bit about you before writing this, since your trending on Twitter. So you are a political analyst, a social activist and a 'journalist'. You are also an expert on international affairs, but what about being a human being, and more importantly being an Indian?
                             So you interviewed the terrorist and mastermind behind the 26/11 bomb blast Hafeez Saeed. Proud? aren't you? and you went as a journalist, so no problem with that. I don't want to make any accusations as to how dare you interviewed a terrorist or there should be a case filed against you. Ironically, even Indian police couldn't reach to Hafeez Saeed, but you left them all astonished. Let me put before you my thoughts as a citizen of this nation. I don't want to link your interview to any political party or any personality. These thoughts are straight from my heart.

1. My first question to you is, how did you even reach to Hafeez Saeed? I find no connection given the profile that you have. How should I accept this that a terrorist's boss who sends ten terrorist to kill innocent people of my nation with no real cause, is being interviewed with exchanging smiles by a journalist of my own country.

2. So Mr. Vaidik, what did you ask Hafeez Saeed? what are his hobbies? or what are his plans for Eid? I am sure you did not have the courage to ask, why did he kill innocent citizens of your country? what right does he possess to kill hundreds of innocent people? why doesn't  he accepts the charges against him and surrender? but not your fault, you went there as a 'journalist'.

3. Sir, where did your morality go when you were interviewing that devil who showed no mercy towards the lives of our people. Didn't your conscience prick you when you were having a chat with a terrorist who was a mastermind behind the most deadliest attack on your country. Did not even imagined what the families of dead in that attack would be feeling? but not your fault, you went there as a 'journalist'.

With no intention to hurt you, but this is what I feel being a citizen of this country. How should I  forget those moments of fear that I was going through along with thousands of people during the attack. How should I forget about those brave police officers and soldiers of my country martyred during that attack.

But anyways ways, how does it feels to become so popular all across the nation, 24 hours coverage on news channels, trending on Twitter?

I hope the tea  Hafeez Saeed served you was refreshing. I wish it could refresh your conscience. Kindly disappear from the news channels, there are lot more important things to be discussed.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Jaison Rebello

No comments:

Post a Comment